1. Arrangement of the Meninges, their relationship with the CNS, etc
2. What is the role of Cerebro-spinal fluid?
3. What are the two broad categories of CVA’s? Which is more common? Which type would require the use of anticoagulants, thrombolytics, blood thinners, etc
4. What is a TIA? Is it more closely related to an ischemic CVA or a hemorrhagic CVA?
5. What type of lifestyle would increase the likelihood of an ischemic CVA?
6. Distinguish between the three degenerative brain disorders covered in class.
7. Spinal Cord gross anatomy (at what level does it end? what is the cuada equina? Ventral vs. Dorsal root)
8. Structure and function of spinal cord gray matter. Which types of neurons are found where?
9. What are the three types of spinal cord tracts? What are their roles?
10. In general understand the locations of gray vs white matter. Example…. Nerves are composed of______, tracts are composed of_______ The ventral horns are composed of__________.
11. What are the three ascending tracts covered in class?
12. What is the DCML tract responsible for?
13. What is the spinothalamic tract responible for.
14. Know the location of all three neuron cell bodies in a typical ascending tract. (1st order, 2nd order, 3rd order)
15. What is the corticospinal tract responsible for?
16. What are two neurons types that compose the corticospinal tract (UMN, LMN)
17. Where are the cell bodies of these neurons found.
18 How would a disease that affects UMN’s differ from one that affects LMN’s?